What is Pump?
APOSAN® pump is the infusion pump specially designed for continuous subcutaneous infusion of Apomorphine in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
The APOSAN® pump is a light weight device and can be easily hidden under clothing. APOSAN® pump delivers a subcutaneous infusion, throughout the day to treat motor fluctuations ("ON-OFF" phenomena) in patients with Parkinson's disease, which are not sufficiently controlled by oral anti-Parkinson medication. The APOSAN® infusion pump provides Apomorphine HCL (5mg/ml).
As Parkinson’s disease progresses, the Dopamine storage in the brain becomes increasingly compromised narrowing the therapeutic window for therapy and leading to motor fluctuations. APOSAN® pump is a continuous, subcutaneous infusion of Apomorphine that bypasses the dysfunctional Gastrointestinal (GI) tract to distribute a continuous, accurate concentration of Dopamine receptor stimulation, for a continuous, reliable "ON".
GI tract complications are also very common in Parkinson’s disease. As oral medications are inherently dependent on the GI tract for absorption before being transported to their site of action, gastroparesis has been associated with response fluctuations with Levodopa therapy, further increasing the difficulty of trying to control motor fluctuations.
- APOSAN® pump avoids the gastrointestinal tract, thus providing a reliable onset of clinical effects and achieve sustained control of plasma drug levels
- APOSAN® pump provides significant progresses in quality of life (QOL) for PD patients
- APOSAN® pump provides patients with Continuous Dopaminergic Stimulation (CDS) therapy, without the need for invasive surgical intervention
- APOSAN® pump escapes the peaks and troughs of pulsatile Levodopa administration and widens the therapeutic window
Advantages Of continuous infusion pump
- Compact, light-weight design
- Smart design protects the product from light & external influences
- Ergonomic keypad for elderly hands
- Backlit display panel ideal for viewing by elderly people
- Alarm/Run indicator lights
Simple User Interface
The liquid crystal display uses text messages and icons to display useful information about the settings, the operation being performed and any error situations.
The APOSAN® PUMP KIT has the following components:
- APOSAN® PUMP
- User manual/guide
- Empty slot provided for holding the PUMP vertically while line priming
- Battery (Lithium CR 123A 3V)
- Slot for one (1) single-use reservoir (20 mL) and one (1) single-use needle
- Slot for one (1) single-use infusion connector lines
- Outer Case